Monday 7 April 2014

My Love for Real Techniques Expert Face Brush


I mentioned this brush briefly in my last post and will talk more on it now. I will start by saying, I looooooove this brush. It is the best I have used so far. A brief description of this tool is that it’s a synthetic brush used for applying and blending cream or liquid foundation with an extended aluminum handle which is light and easy to use. It’s created by makeup artist and You Tuber Sam Chapman; she has other brushes as well that has gotten some good reviews and I will say has quite a following in Nigeria. I believe she resides in the UK, not sure where but getting her brushes here in Nigeria isn't hard.


The brush which is soft to the touch is firm and dense which makes for easy application. When I use it my clients and I love the way it feels on our faces, it’s like getting a free massage, feels quite cuddly really. It gives a smooth flawless finish when applying foundation; you can apply lightly and build up if you want. The shape and size of the brush makes it easy to reach difficult areas like the sides of the nose, around your eyes and behind the ears. Another wonderful thing about this brush is I can apply foundation faster than I use to, in the business of a makeup artist speed is most times of the essence because we work with a time frame.



The best way to use this brush is to buff in the foundation and blend in circular motions, you can check out how to use it on Sam Chapman’s YouTube channel, pixiwoo. To keep the brush clean you can dab it in a little olive oil and wipe clean on wipes for a quick clean and for a major wash dab in a little olive oil and then baby shampoo, place under the tap and rinse out, squeeze a bit to make sure nothing remains. Please avoid using well water to wash brushes because it will end up hardening the brush with time.

I bought mine at Stella’s Addiction for N3000 (Naira), you might say that is expensive but with what this brush can do, it is very affordable. I will leave links below on where you can get this wonder brush.
Have a lovely day y’all, until my next post.




No comments: